Cub Camp FAQ
See each event’s page for “camp specific” FAQ’s. Let us know if you have a question that isn’t listed there, or below. Contact Debi firstname.lastname@example.org, so she can answer it (or get the answer) for you, then add it below for other scouting families.
General Information for all Cub Camps
- Schedules for each event will be handed out at the first “check-in”. As soon as schedules are finalized for each event, a copy will also be available on this website (each event has a Schedule tab).
- How, when, and where do I pay the event fees? You can choose to pay the full amount online with a credit/debit card or personal e-check. If you choose to pay the deposit only for each participant, you must bring/mail a check to our council office within 7 days (whenever possible). Please include a note with the name of the cub camp and who completed the online registration, so the payment can be applied correctly (this deposit only option is not available for the family camporee in April). Or, if you completed the online registration, contact Debi Geiger (email@example.com) to find out how to pay the balance due online.
- Who can apply for scholarships (financial assistance) and how is it used to pay the scout’s fee? All registered Cub Scouts can apply for scholarships (financial assistance) for any of the camps. Go to the Scholarships page for more details.
- I know the BSA Annual Health Form is required, but do we need a signed physical (Part C) to attend? No, most cub camp participants do not need a physical completed by a phyician. Use the “Health Form for All Scouting Events“, because all of our cub camps are less than 72 consecutive hours. But, any participant with a serious health issue should use the Health Form with Physical, so we can provide the best care possible.
- Should I bring extra money? If so, why? There will be a Trading Post at each camp. The schedule will provide details as to when they are open.
- What do the camp fees cover? The fee covers facility rental, materials, paid staff and meals (when applicable), a patch, and more.
- Who do I contact with program and advancement questions? Quinn Ryan at Quinn.Ryan@scouting.org
- Who do I contact with registration, payment, and scholarship questions? Debi Geiger at firstname.lastname@example.org