General Information for all Cub Camps

How do I get our Cub Scouts excited about Cub Camps?  Schedule a Cub Camp Promotion Meeting!

Where can I find the event schedule?  Schedules for each event will be handed out at the first “check-in”.  Also, as soon as they are finalized for each event, a copy will also be available through each camp’s main tab (above).

When do I pay the event fees?  You can pay the full amount online with a credit/debit card or personal e-check.  If you pay the deposit only for each participant, you must pay the balance by June 1st, the latest (this deposit only option is not available for the family camp in April).  Both Cub Family Camps and Twilight Camp require full payment (there are no “deposit only” options), since no financial assistance (scholarships) are available for these cub camps.

How/where do I pay the fee or the balance for cub camps in 2018?

  1. You can choose to pay the full amount (or deposit only, if applicable) online when registering.  As the “registration closes deadline” approach, this will become the only option, so register early!
  2. Mail to, or make a payment at, our council office (2745 Skokie Valley Road, Highland Park, IL). Include the name of the event and your registration number, so we can apply it correctly.  If paying for multiple registrations, include each registration number and it’s specific amount being paid.
  3. If you completed the online registration, contact Debi at to find out how to pay the balance online.  Have your registration number handy.

What is a Cub Scout Scholarship?  Scholarships are financial assistance for Scouts to attend some of our council’s cub camps.  Go to the Scholarships page for more details.

BSA Annual Health Form – Go to the Health and Safety page for information.

What should we leave at home?  Leave all valuable and sentimental items at home, including games, computers, phones, special gifts from family members, etc.  If you’d hate to lose it, don’t bring it!

What items are prohibited?  You cannot bring alcohol, fireworks, or other BSA-prohibited items are allowed in camp.  See Camp Rules for a more comprehensive list.

Do I need extra money?   No, but there will be a Trading Post to buy goodies.  The schedule will let you know when it is open.

Who do I contact with program and advancement questions?  Quinn Ryan at

Who do I contact with registration, payment, and scholarship questions? Debi Geiger at


Information for Webelos Camps

What time is check-in?  2pm-3pm.  Because Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan is a very busy place in the summer, we want to make sure someone is there to greet you upon arrival.  So, please do not arrive any earlier than 2pm.  Thank you in advance for your consideration for our hardworking camp staff.

When and where do we turn in the BSA Annual Health Form for Webelos Camp?  You will be required to turn in all completed health forms at Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan on the first day, at “check-in”.   There will not be a “drop-off” option for any overnight camp.

What should we bring to Webelos Camp?  Be Prepared! To ensure a fun-filled and comfortable day, make sure you send your scout to camp with the following:

  • Refillable water bottles
  • Insect Repellent
  • Sunscreen
  • Jackets or raincoats
  • Money for the Trading Post (optional)
  • A day-pack/backpack (or 2) to carry the items above
  • Sleeping bags/blankets, toiletries, and clothing
  • Closed-toed shoes (not sandals or other open-toed shoes)

Do I need to bring a tent?  No, we have canvas 2-man wall tents with cots available in the campsites.  They are not bug-proof, so you’ll want to bring mosquito netting for your cot.  Contact the council store for (tax-free) pricing of netting and kits (847-748-9160). If your scouts and leaders prefer to bring their own tents, our friendly staff will help you set them up.

What meals are provided?  We will serve supper on your 1st day, all meals for your 2nd & 3rd days, plus breakfast the day you leave.

How are dietary restrictions handled at Ma-Ka-Ja-Wan Scout Reservation?  Kandle Dining prepares all meals.  Complete the camp’s 2017 MSR Special Diet Request Form and send directly to them (as quickly as possible), to ensure they have time to go over the restrictions and needs with you.

NOTE:  If your Scout has allergies or other special dietary restrictions, or you want to supply your own food for any reason, you can do so. But, you will not get a discount or partial refund.

Can my son attend Webelos Camp with another family?  From the Guide to Safe Scouting:  Each youth member will be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. In special circumstances, a Cub Scout whose parent or legal guardian is not able to attend an overnight camping trip may participate under the supervision of another registered adult member of the BSA who is a parent of a Cub Scout who is also attending. The unit leader and a parent or legal guardian must agree to the arrangement, and all Youth Protection policies apply. At no time, may another adult accept responsibility for more than one additional “nonfamily member” youth.